My Evergreen Tree Is Turning Brown. What is causing this?
Numerous tree diseases that are common in Southlake and the surrounding cities can inflict serious damage to evergreen trees. Below are two of the most destructive fir tree diseases that tree experts in our area encounter frequently.
Caused by the fungal pathogen Diplodia, this deadly fungal evergreen tree disease spreads rapidly by wind and rain. Pine tip blight normally targets fir trees that are over thirty years old and that have suffered wounding and damages. The infected tree will first exhibit stunted needles and thinning growth. The needles will then turn brown and die. The brown needles begin on the lower branches first and gradually progress upward. Excessive cankers and black specks on needles and pine cones manifest as the disease progresses. Although it is choice host tree is Austrian pine, pine tip blight will infect any mature, weakened evergreen tree. Left untreated, this fir tree nemesis will destroy the tree; therefore, contact an arborist that treats sick trees promptly if your evergreen tree has brown needles.
Targeting the stately Leyland cypress evergreen trees that are prevalent in established Southlake neighborhoods, as well as other fir tree varieties, this lethal fungal disease spreads rapidly throughout your outdoor grounds by means of splashing rain, water run-off, and winds. Brown, dead branches randomly manifest amongst healthy-appearing green branches on the same tree. Arbor care specialists refer to this symptom as “flagging”. If treatment is not administered when symptoms first appear that the tree will most likely die. Leyland cypress is frequently planted to create outdoor privacy areas so a dead tree is an unsightly eyesore. Call an experienced tree company immediately if your evergreen tree has brown branches.
How Do I Know If My Evergreen Tree Has A Disease?
Contact a tree care specialist and schedule an official diagnosis. The experienced plant pathologist will evaluate the tree and provide a tree evaluation report. If it is confirmed that your evergreen tree has a disease then the tree doctor will determine the specific treatment your tree requires and administer it in order to restore the tree’s health and vitality.
What Can Be Done To Eliminate The Disease And Keep My Evergreen Tree Healthy?
Below are some of the important steps necessary to eliminate the evergreen tree disease, proactive ways that homeowners can protect the health of their fir trees and health-boosting treatments that will ensure that your evergreen trees remain strong and robust.
- Remove Dead or Severely Diseased Trees: All ground debris, tree stumps, and dead or severely diseased trees must immediately be carefully removed and destroyed by an experienced tree removal service. This will eliminate the fungal spores from your outdoor grounds and prevent the destructive pathogen from infecting your other trees.
- Avoid Unintentional Wounding: Many tree diseases infect trees that have been stressed, wounded or damaged. Unintentional wounding to trees is frequently caused by mowers, weed trimmers and shovels. Always have your regular lawn and garden maintenance performed and overseen by an experienced tree company. They will ensure that your trees are not damaged and that the health of your trees is protected.
- Regularly-Schedule Tree Pruning: Dead and infected tree branches must be pruned and eliminated by a tree pruning service using sanitized tools. This will prevent the disease from spreading to other limbs and invading the tree’s vascular system. Regularly-scheduled tree pruning will ensure that the branches do not become overcrowded, that the tree receives adequate sunlight and that proper air circulation flows throughout the tree’s branches.
- Ensure There Is Proper Drainage: Fungal pathogens generally multiply and spread rapidly in standing water and moist soil. Soil compaction will damage tree roots and inhibit proper drainage. An experienced tree company will evaluate your outdoor grounds and correct the areas that have compacted soil and that don’t have sufficient drainage. This will guard the health of your trees and prevent dangerous tree diseases from infecting them.
- Deep Root Fertilization: We strongly recommend this important tree health care treatment! Most homeowners are not aware that topical lawn fertilizer applications do not provide the nutrition that their trees require. With deep root fertilization, a specialized tree expert injects under pressure the specific liquid minerals and nutrients that the tree needs directly into its root zone. The soil is aerated by the injected oxygen. Trees that receive this key treatment annually are 95% less likely to become infected by a tree ailment and their root structures will thrive.
- Continual Tree Health Care Maintenance Plan: The best way to guard the health of your trees is to take proactive measures and see to it that they are never infected by a tree disease or infested by tree pests. Your trees are valuable investments and it is important to protect them. Healthy, beautiful trees highlight your residential outdoor environment and increase your property value. The best arborist in Southlake, Texas will customize an ongoing tree and plant health care maintenance program exclusively for you. The arbor care professionals will see to it that your outdoor grounds will make you proud and that your trees will always remain in the best of health.